World Cup Talkpoint - England
World Cup Talkpoint
England knocked out in the Second Round
Do you seriously think England deserved to be in the quarter final of the world cup ahead of Germany just because of that disallowed goal. No way. England was outplayed by Germany for much of the match barring the few controversial minutes where England scored through Matthew Upson and the goal that was never given by Frank Lampard. My verdict is Germany deserved the victory and referee did not decided the match results. Yes, that was a bad mistake form the match officials. It was a goal but Germany scored FOUR times in the match. Where is the England defence? Especially the centre defense. John Terry must take a lot of flak for his perfromance, he should be the one marshalling his defense but what has he done in the tournament? Publicly questioning your coach decision in the media? That is stupid. How many team have taken the earlier flight home due to internal fighting/inharmony. Remember France? Fabio Capello should have send John Terry home for questioning his authority before this game. There is no two ways about it.
Another villian is Jamie Carragher. Not his wasn’t the culpurit for the match. But for him to accept the call-up for the World Cup. He wan’t there in the qulaifying to help England through. I must admit that I should applause Paul Scholes who refused the call-up because he think he was robbing another player chance (who had helped England qualify) of representing England in the world cup. Jamie Carragher had just had one of the poorest season in a Liverpool shirt and to select him ahead of people who had helped England qualify ie Matthew Upson still remain a myth to me. Jamie Carragher should never have played in the tounament. I seriously think after Rio Ferdinand was injured and Ledley King was injured in the US match, Matthew Upson should be selected for the remaining group stage and formed an understanding with John Terry. But Capello decision to start Carragher for the match against Algeria was one decision that I could not comprehend till today. And he was booked for the both the US and Algeria game and was suspended for the Slovenia game where Upson played for the first time in the tourament.
Third point- Goalkeeper. I must admit that Capello should have made a firm stand before the tourament and select his no.1. And not tinker with your no.1 during the tourament. He started with Robert Green in the first match. Yes, Green make a bad mistake for the US game in the first game. But I thought Capello should stand by his decision and start with Green throughout the touranment although I must admit that I am disappoint he did not start with David James in the first game despite giving him the number one shirt. I am a big fan of James and was happy that he was selected for the second game against Algeria and in the process became the oldest debutant in the World Cup proper.
Fourth. England Striker Mr. Wayne Rooney. People might think this has suspision of biasness and I admit as much because Wayne Rooney had just his best ever season In a Manchester United Shirt. You know that you are in trouble when your top striker is firing blanks and your top-scorer featured a center-back in Mattew Upson. Wayne Rooney has failed to delivered in consective BIG stage, he was sent off in Euro 2008. Therefore, Mr. Rooney might have saved his best form for his club.
What Could be done for the European 2012 Qulaifier (My Opinion)
Goalkeeper – For the Euro 2012 qualifier, please groom your potential No.1 . David James should be hanging up his gloves after the world cup. Robert Green, I am sorry but I think after your high profile blunder against US, your chance of being the No.1 is quite slim. I seriously think Joe Hart should be given the chance during the qualifier. And hopefully the EPL teams starts to play more English Keeper.
Defender- I think Rio Ferdinard despite missing the World Cup 2010 will have a major part to play in the qulaifier of Euro 2012. I think John Terry shoud be dropped from England for publicly questioning Capello during World Cup 2010. He had shown in numerous occasion now that he is too big-headed and put himself more important than England. And that is not the case. He had a poor world cup and should pay the price. Glen Johnson and Ashley Cole should continue in the respective full back position. Please don’t call-up Jamie Carragher again, he is over the hill and should make way. Ledley King? I think his fitness is a real cause for concern and must be given serious thought before calling him up. His club mate Michael Dawson should be given his break.
Midfielder- Both Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard should have one more major touranment left in them. And certain starter for the Euro 2012 Qualifier. But I think other places are still up for grabs. Joe Cole, James Milner , Aaron Lennon, Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick should have some part to play in the qulaifier. Time to give Tom Huddlestone a chance maybe?
Striker- Let’s say goodbye and thank you to the services to the national team to Emile Heskey. Heskey just could not scored or can he? He might have already played his last game for England in World Cup 2010. Wayne Rooney should spearhead England attack for the Euro 2012 qualifier, there is no two ways about it. I expect Jermain Dofoe, Peter Crouch, Theo Walcott to play some part in the qualifier. Did I say just say please give Bobby Zamora and Gabriel Agbonlahor a chance?
So please Capello or the next England Manager, please get rid of people who will publicly question your authority and hopefully English Premier League teams starts to play more English player. Are you listnening Mr. Arsene Wenger, Sir Alex Ferguson, Mr. Carlo Anceoletti and Mr. Roy Hodgson?
Please note: This article is the modest view of ELVIN KER and does not represent the view of English FA or its representatives. Any inaccuracy is deeply regreted.
England knocked out in the Second Round
Do you seriously think England deserved to be in the quarter final of the world cup ahead of Germany just because of that disallowed goal. No way. England was outplayed by Germany for much of the match barring the few controversial minutes where England scored through Matthew Upson and the goal that was never given by Frank Lampard. My verdict is Germany deserved the victory and referee did not decided the match results. Yes, that was a bad mistake form the match officials. It was a goal but Germany scored FOUR times in the match. Where is the England defence? Especially the centre defense. John Terry must take a lot of flak for his perfromance, he should be the one marshalling his defense but what has he done in the tournament? Publicly questioning your coach decision in the media? That is stupid. How many team have taken the earlier flight home due to internal fighting/inharmony. Remember France? Fabio Capello should have send John Terry home for questioning his authority before this game. There is no two ways about it.
Another villian is Jamie Carragher. Not his wasn’t the culpurit for the match. But for him to accept the call-up for the World Cup. He wan’t there in the qulaifying to help England through. I must admit that I should applause Paul Scholes who refused the call-up because he think he was robbing another player chance (who had helped England qualify) of representing England in the world cup. Jamie Carragher had just had one of the poorest season in a Liverpool shirt and to select him ahead of people who had helped England qualify ie Matthew Upson still remain a myth to me. Jamie Carragher should never have played in the tounament. I seriously think after Rio Ferdinand was injured and Ledley King was injured in the US match, Matthew Upson should be selected for the remaining group stage and formed an understanding with John Terry. But Capello decision to start Carragher for the match against Algeria was one decision that I could not comprehend till today. And he was booked for the both the US and Algeria game and was suspended for the Slovenia game where Upson played for the first time in the tourament.
Third point- Goalkeeper. I must admit that Capello should have made a firm stand before the tourament and select his no.1. And not tinker with your no.1 during the tourament. He started with Robert Green in the first match. Yes, Green make a bad mistake for the US game in the first game. But I thought Capello should stand by his decision and start with Green throughout the touranment although I must admit that I am disappoint he did not start with David James in the first game despite giving him the number one shirt. I am a big fan of James and was happy that he was selected for the second game against Algeria and in the process became the oldest debutant in the World Cup proper.
Fourth. England Striker Mr. Wayne Rooney. People might think this has suspision of biasness and I admit as much because Wayne Rooney had just his best ever season In a Manchester United Shirt. You know that you are in trouble when your top striker is firing blanks and your top-scorer featured a center-back in Mattew Upson. Wayne Rooney has failed to delivered in consective BIG stage, he was sent off in Euro 2008. Therefore, Mr. Rooney might have saved his best form for his club.
What Could be done for the European 2012 Qulaifier (My Opinion)
Goalkeeper – For the Euro 2012 qualifier, please groom your potential No.1 . David James should be hanging up his gloves after the world cup. Robert Green, I am sorry but I think after your high profile blunder against US, your chance of being the No.1 is quite slim. I seriously think Joe Hart should be given the chance during the qualifier. And hopefully the EPL teams starts to play more English Keeper.
Defender- I think Rio Ferdinard despite missing the World Cup 2010 will have a major part to play in the qulaifier of Euro 2012. I think John Terry shoud be dropped from England for publicly questioning Capello during World Cup 2010. He had shown in numerous occasion now that he is too big-headed and put himself more important than England. And that is not the case. He had a poor world cup and should pay the price. Glen Johnson and Ashley Cole should continue in the respective full back position. Please don’t call-up Jamie Carragher again, he is over the hill and should make way. Ledley King? I think his fitness is a real cause for concern and must be given serious thought before calling him up. His club mate Michael Dawson should be given his break.
Midfielder- Both Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard should have one more major touranment left in them. And certain starter for the Euro 2012 Qualifier. But I think other places are still up for grabs. Joe Cole, James Milner , Aaron Lennon, Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick should have some part to play in the qulaifier. Time to give Tom Huddlestone a chance maybe?
Striker- Let’s say goodbye and thank you to the services to the national team to Emile Heskey. Heskey just could not scored or can he? He might have already played his last game for England in World Cup 2010. Wayne Rooney should spearhead England attack for the Euro 2012 qualifier, there is no two ways about it. I expect Jermain Dofoe, Peter Crouch, Theo Walcott to play some part in the qualifier. Did I say just say please give Bobby Zamora and Gabriel Agbonlahor a chance?
So please Capello or the next England Manager, please get rid of people who will publicly question your authority and hopefully English Premier League teams starts to play more English player. Are you listnening Mr. Arsene Wenger, Sir Alex Ferguson, Mr. Carlo Anceoletti and Mr. Roy Hodgson?
Please note: This article is the modest view of ELVIN KER and does not represent the view of English FA or its representatives. Any inaccuracy is deeply regreted.
__________________________________________________________________