<----CHR 14.7.07-----> WELCOME TO ELVIN KER CHUAN HAO BLOG
<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3317981804659512953?origin\x3dhttp://chem-rulez86.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, November 3, 2007

This Week



Here a quick summary on what has happened in the past week.
Monday (29/10/2207)- It is the last Monday of the month. Therefore a safety meeting was scheduled on that Monday. This month Inspection team was the QA lab so I was involved in the inspection. I went to the various labs to inspect the lab with the guidance of Delicia the week before. As usual, the ES lab had a lot of issues but we just open one eye and close one eye. I hoped that the next inspection team will catch them. Monday, I was supposed to present the finding so just present some of the issues that was taken down.

Thursday (1/11/2007)- It was a tiring day for me as I had to work overtime. 3.25 hours of overtime clocked. But there was not much things to do during the overtime except to approve one raw material and run one in-process product. The total time taken to do the thing is just around 20 minutes. So the rest of the that period of time was spent surfing the net, talking with the micro lab people. Because they were planning to go out that night, Jenny and Zaf who came in the morning stayed back to wait for Lay See to finish all the sample before they went out. At around 6 plus, Lay See asked me whether I want to join them for their outing and I agreed. After work, Lay See, Jenny, Zaf and I headed to Little India in the Van of Thomas who is one of Nalco sales engineer. The five of us then had our dinner there and we tour that place till around eleven. Afterwards, we went on our separate way. Jenny and Zaf went to the nearest bus stop to take bus home. While, Thomas drove Lay See and me to Bukit Timah area to take bus home. Upon alighting Thomas van, bus 174 arrived and we flagged for the bus. Lay See alighted a few stop before me. When I reached home, the clock showed 11.50 pm. Went to sleep at 1.00 am.

Friday (2/11/2007)- I was feeling tired for the whole day, the lack of sleep had taken the toll on me. I had worked OT for Monday and Thursday. Today, there was an audit. It was for ISO 14001 which is about environmental. The auditor arrived at around 8.30 am if I was mistaken. When there is audit, there will be free lunch for those involved, since the whole QA lab is involved, I was again given free lunch. But the funny thing is that I was never at any time during that day tested by the auditor on the ISO 14001. So I managed to somehow escaped being audited. But my luck ran out in the late afternoon at around three when I found out that I had to work OT again because the production people is still running a reaction product and the final sample will only be sent to the lab at six. As it was a Friday and I had little sleep last night, I was therefore not very pleased to find out that I had to work OT. Then bid my fellow colleague good-bye at 4.45 pm at guardhouse there and went back to office to do my own things before the final sample. As it was a Friday, all the store people had gone back so I was expecting only the final sample of the reaction product. So I spent the 1 hour and 15 minutes surfing the net and talking with the micro lab people. Jenny, Zaf and Soon Leong was on afternnon shift that day. The final sample duly arrived at six. And I finished the various test by 6.30pm After that took a cab home with Delicia. I alighted first because my house was nearer to the company. But thinking back, it was good money earned as I only worked 30 mins out of the 1h 45 mins. I was paid up the whole 1h 45 mins of OT. Although my OT rates is considered one of the lowest in Nalco but it is still good money in my own opinion. My OT rates is approximately $12+ per hour before CPF deduction and approximately $9.50 after CPF deduction. Therefore $16+ for around two hours of work is still good money.

Labels:



Elvin Ker 郭川豪 is here @ 22:42
__________________________________________________________________





**My Profile**




My Stats


-Loyal Liverpool Fan-

-jersey no.99

Photobucket

Ker Chuan Hao Elvin

郭川豪

24 February 1986

Age: 27

E-mail: Chem_rulez@hotmail.com

Born in the Year: Tiger

Photobucket

Horoscope:Pisces

Photobucket

School Attended

Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Diploma in Chemical Engineering (2004 - 2007)


Photobucket


Jurongville Secondary School (1999 - 2003)
GCE N & O Level


Photobucket

Fuhua Primary School (1993-1998)
PSLE


Photobucket

Favourite EPL club

Liverpool


Photobucket

Favourite Soccer Player

David James


Photobucket

Favourite Wrestler

The Undertaker


Photobucket

Favourite NBA team

New York Knicks


<Photobucket


~MY TARGET FOR THE REST OF 2013 (JULY - DEC)`-




1) Make god friends with incoming year 1
2) Get A Good GPA for the 7th Semester in CBC NTU (at least GPA 3.5)
3) Participate in more running events
4) Run 10 km under 1 hour 15 mins during AHM 10km run in september



~My Links`




Links