<----CHR 14.7.07-----> WELCOME TO ELVIN KER CHUAN HAO BLOG
<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3317981804659512953?origin\x3dhttp://chem-rulez86.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, October 17, 2005

"Sad after reading some news"



I was watching channel U news at 7pm when I came across this new that made me quite sad. It is about the survey about singaporean student aged between ten to twelve on what they fear most. Results shows that students of that age group fear not doing well and not scoring high mark as one of the biggest fear. This is really sad to hear about such news. Is scoring well in exam that important? Sadly in Singapore education context, scoring A after A is more important than character develpoment. Yeah I can understand Singaporean parent concern. They want their child to go special/express course for those taking PSLE and EM1/EM2 for those taking streming exam. Parents does not want to see their child posted to normal course. Singaporeans sadly has this thinking of normal students are ill-disciplined,dumb, unmotivated,rude and lazy student. But this is not always the case. I remember during my primary schools days, my parents hired tution teacher after tution teacher, brought assessment book after assessment book to improve my lousy grade. But to their disappointment, I scored a 172 for PSLE and consequently posted to Normal Academic course. I still remember that fateful day that I have that PSLE result slip in my hand. Although I was not so disappointed, I knew that I have let my parents down. Up till today, I still remember all the prejudices, injustices, hurtful comments from relatives, school, members of public. I still remember all the ill, one sided treatment I recieved from all the above mentioned. Especially in the school, the normal students were treated as second class citizens, all the good treatment for our express counterparts. So sad.My relatives always look down on me. But I never let such nonsense distracted me. Some will get beaten down when people look down on them. But certainly not for me. I made their action as a form of motivation, to motivate me to do bettter. Most importantly, to prove them wrong. If not for the motivation, I might not have achieve what I have achieve thus far in life. I have a reasonable set of O level results, am in a good course in polytechnic and doing fine in polytechnic life as far as academic results is concern. But I want to emphasis one main point in today blog. The point is Normal students can come good. Express student is not neccessary better than Normal student. There is a lot of classic example in my course especially in 2AO8. Wee keong, Bernard Tan, Hassan, Melvin and myself are proving ourselves that Normal student are no pushover. We are right on par if not better than express student in 2AO8. With that, I will end now.


Elvin Ker 郭川豪 is here @ 14:48
__________________________________________________________________





**My Profile**




My Stats


-Loyal Liverpool Fan-

-jersey no.99

Photobucket

Ker Chuan Hao Elvin

郭川豪

24 February 1986

Age: 27

E-mail: Chem_rulez@hotmail.com

Born in the Year: Tiger

Photobucket

Horoscope:Pisces

Photobucket

School Attended

Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Diploma in Chemical Engineering (2004 - 2007)


Photobucket


Jurongville Secondary School (1999 - 2003)
GCE N & O Level


Photobucket

Fuhua Primary School (1993-1998)
PSLE


Photobucket

Favourite EPL club

Liverpool


Photobucket

Favourite Soccer Player

David James


Photobucket

Favourite Wrestler

The Undertaker


Photobucket

Favourite NBA team

New York Knicks


<Photobucket


~MY TARGET FOR THE REST OF 2013 (JULY - DEC)`-




1) Make god friends with incoming year 1
2) Get A Good GPA for the 7th Semester in CBC NTU (at least GPA 3.5)
3) Participate in more running events
4) Run 10 km under 1 hour 15 mins during AHM 10km run in september



~My Links`




Links