<----CHR 14.7.07-----> WELCOME TO ELVIN KER CHUAN HAO BLOG
<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3317981804659512953?origin\x3dhttp://chem-rulez86.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, August 14, 2005

**I will never condone late-coming**



14/08/2005
Today I will be touching on the topic of punctuality. Tertiary student are very fond of coming to their lectures, tutorial and practical lesson late. Some might feel this is a sweeping statement. Polytechnic give a grace period of 10 minutes for student to be considered late which I feel is fair enough. But as I have noticed, it is always the same few people who always come late. Even the first lesson start at 11am or later there will still be late-comers. Why? It is difficult to come to lesson on time. For 8am lesson, I can sympathies with the late-comers. They might have missed the early bus or could not get up the bus as the bus is too crowed. But for 11am lesson, there should be no reason why there is still classmates making their way into the class after 11.10am. 2AO8 TPHM tutorial is always being affected by the late-comers. I will never condemn late-comers as no one is perfect but that does not mean I will condone late-coming especially those who always come late. I detest those persistent late-comers as they are selfish human being who always cause disruption to our productivity. Can you image what could be done in the 5 minutes spent waiting for them? One could have done something more useful in the five minutes. I have this colleague of mine who come late for work twice in the space of three days and he was one and a half hours late for work on both occasions. His house is walking distance to my work place. It was due to his irresponsibility that caused increased work-load to me and my other colleague during the time he was not there. And guess what he is a polytechnic student. You see what I meant. Another thing I detest most is this phrase ON THE WAY. When you are meeting someone especially me and you are late please do not give such vague reply. I get very IRRITATED when I message someone to ask where they are now and his reply is on the way. And the worst part is the person you meet refuse to pick up you call. Excuse me, on the way is really very vague and a very irresponsible reply. You could be 20 bus stops away from your destination or you have just left your house and making your way to the destination which you will reach 30 minutes. Does the above consider on the way? Yes, they do. You could be miles away from the designated meeting place but at the end of the day you are making your way to the place and you are qualified to use the term on the way. But put yourself in the shoe of the person waiting for you. They want to have a better idea where you are so that they could do some estimation and do something more useful rather than wandering aimlessly waiting for you. You all can ask Bernard Tan and he will tell you that when I am late or going to be late, I will message him and tell him roughly where I am at that time. Please persistent late-comers be more considerate the next time you are late. Do not let your friend wait for you like a fool.


Elvin Ker 郭川豪 is here @ 15:00
__________________________________________________________________





**My Profile**




My Stats


-Loyal Liverpool Fan-

-jersey no.99

Photobucket

Ker Chuan Hao Elvin

郭川豪

24 February 1986

Age: 27

E-mail: Chem_rulez@hotmail.com

Born in the Year: Tiger

Photobucket

Horoscope:Pisces

Photobucket

School Attended

Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Diploma in Chemical Engineering (2004 - 2007)


Photobucket


Jurongville Secondary School (1999 - 2003)
GCE N & O Level


Photobucket

Fuhua Primary School (1993-1998)
PSLE


Photobucket

Favourite EPL club

Liverpool


Photobucket

Favourite Soccer Player

David James


Photobucket

Favourite Wrestler

The Undertaker


Photobucket

Favourite NBA team

New York Knicks


<Photobucket


~MY TARGET FOR THE REST OF 2013 (JULY - DEC)`-




1) Make god friends with incoming year 1
2) Get A Good GPA for the 7th Semester in CBC NTU (at least GPA 3.5)
3) Participate in more running events
4) Run 10 km under 1 hour 15 mins during AHM 10km run in september



~My Links`




Links